Ok, my 10 favourite foods, meals and places to eat (in no particular order) are as follows:
1. Fruit and veg smoothies- not technically food but given I drink one daily for breakfast it made sense this would be at the top of my list! I generally throw in whatever fruit and veg we already have at home that needs using, rather than follow recipes. I also sometimes freeze fruit and veg bought from fresh if we have extra, so that it will be ok to use for longer- so that often gets chucked in too!
2. Seeds- I love adding seeds to my smoothies, they are such a quick and easy way to pack in more nutrition. My favourites are chia seeds, hemp seeds and poppy seeds.
3. Bananas- my favourite fruit and my ‘go to’ snack when I need a boost.
4. Popcorn- once reserved for watching movies, this is now just an easy to grab late night snack for me!
5. Crisps- I try to avoid these, I really do. But they are my achilles heel! I generally go for red pringles or kettle crisps.
6. Vegetable stir fry- my favourite dinner at home. Noodles, brocolli, peppers, onions, beansprouts, carrots and any other veg we have thrown in, ideally made with coconut oil… yummy.
7. The Green Kitchen– not a specific food, but a great place to eat delicious vegan food. Highly recommend.
8. Jacket potato with baked beans- I realise this is pretty boring, but I like it because is such a quick and easy meal to grab, so it’s going on my list regardless of how dull it is!
9. Harvester – specifically the new beetroot and halloumi burger with sweet potato fries… SO tasty.
10. Ok, so this last one is the final reminiscent of old eating habits and goes against everything else for so many reasons, but I’m going to keep it real and include it anyway lol… salt and pepper chicken from the chinese take-away. I just can’t help it, I love it. Sorry, but it’s going to have to stay on my list!
(And no, I don’t really have a sweet tooth… hence no cakes, biscuits or CHOCOLATE on my list… I know, strange but true!)